Chris Anderson gave me a call early this evening informing me that ex-C&OHS 8016 was D.I.T. in Q697. Q697 had doubled to Q692s train at Shelby making a 197-car freight. At dusk we photographed the train coming by the reclaimed Chapparel Coal tipple site just west of FO Cabin. The freight stopped at Island Creek road crossing (fka Titan Siding on the railroad) to pick up the conductor.
1. CSX 832-5103-CO 8016. FO Cabin.
2. C&O 8016 FO Cabin.
3. C&O 8016 FO Cabin. View 2.
4. Q697 behind 832-5103 with 8016 and 197 cars pulls to a stop at Titan Siding to pick up the brakeman. CSX 832-5103-CO 8016. Pikeville.
5. The reporting marks say VILX but are undoubtedly VLIX (Vintage Locomotives Inc.). C&O’s FP7s ended at 8015. An FP7 was regularly assigned to passenger trains 36 and 39 on Big Sandy. C&O 8016. Pikeville.
6. This engne is really former Clinchfield 800, an F3a. C&O 8016. Pikevile.
7. C&O 8016. The nose. Pikeville.
8. C&O 8016. Another side view. Pikeville.
9. Q697 heads to Russell. C&O 8016-5103-832. Pikeville.
10. 8016 was a participant at the Streamliners At Spencer event on 05-31-2014. C&O F3A 8016.
11. C&O 8016 Erie 833.
12. C&O 8016 CNW 411.
13. C&O F3A 8016. Rear view.
14. Special excursion operated by South Branch Valley/Potomac Eagle for the C&OHS annual convention in Cumberland MD on 07-22-2005. Southbound at Grace WV. C&O 8016.
15. Southbound at Moorefield WV. C&O 8016.
16. End of the line at Petersburg WV. C&O 8016.
17. Thanks Chris for the tip! C&O 8016.