CSX - Sunday On Big Sandy, 2014-05-11
Rail Fan Adventure --
Had a U542-09 (maybe it was Q542 off L&N) with unusual power go west this afternoon. CSX “SD40-3” 4003 (ex-SD40-2 8126), C40-8W 7902, “SD40-2” 2423 (looks line a former SD45-2) and yard slug 1061.
1. At west end of Ivel passing siding with 96 cars. Engineer reported that he had only one unit running. He was making good time through Ivel.
2. Rolling through Prestonsburg. This is the site of the depot where Gene Huddleston filmed No. 39 leaving with a FP7.
3. “SD40-2” 2423 and slug 1061. Looks like this may be a remote-controlled pair. Wonder what yard they are from?
4. Yard slug 1061.
5. That’s the inactive Middle Creek on the left.
6. A former Providence & Worcester boxcar. You don’t see these every day!
Train images used by permission of Everett N Young
last update - 26 May 2014