1. CSX 17-7796-496 head X300, an extra freight, on 06-26-2017. This was great news as these were detour freights and a prelude to resuming regular manifest service on the Big Sandy, Kingsport, and Blue Ridge Subdivisions. Taken at the new bridge to the industrial park very near FO Cabin between Pikeville and Fords Branch. Chaparral Coal’s preparation used to cover this vacant lot.
2. CSX 17-7796-496. View 2. FO Cabin.
3. X300 arrives at Shelby KY on the main line for a re-crew. 06-26-2017. CSX 17-7796-496. View 3.
4. X300 pulls to a stop at the east end of Shelby Yard for a re-crew. 06-26-2017. CSX 17-7796-496. View4.
5. CSX MP15 1140 has a work train parked at Danville WV yard on 07-09-2017.
6. CSX 1140. View 2. Danville WV.
7. CSX MP15 1140. View 3. Danville WV.
8. A switcher made like a road-switcher. An “oldie-but-goodie.” CSX MP15 1140. Danville WV.
9. CSX ES44AH 3000 at Shelby KY on 03-18-2018.
10. CSX 3000 and ET44AH 3283. Unit 3000 was built in 2012 and 3283 in 2015. With all these new units and fewer trains, the older ACs and SD70Ms are seen fewer and farther between. Shelby KY.
All for now.