We were just walking out the door for our traditional Sunday trip to the grocery store when this train lumbered through. Grocery shopping would have to wait.
1. Luckily E280-27 stopped at Wagner to wait on an eastbound. EMDX SD70ACe 1203-1202 were on the front of 110 DKPX empties.
2. SD70ACe 1202 was built in London, Ont. in 6-12.
3. E280-27 westbound at Betsy Layne.
4. Passing the crossovers at Beaver Jct. at Dwale, Ky.
5. Passing the crossovers at Beaver Jct. at Dwale, Ky. view 2.
6. Passing the tipple at Lancer.
7. E280 met an eastbound at Prestonsburg. Pulling out of the siding at Cliff.
8. E280 met an eastbound at Prestonsburg. Pulling out of the siding at Cliff. . view 2.
9. Off Ky Route 3 at Bays Branch.
10. Q697-27 was following E280. After picking up at Paintsville, I shot Q697 w/b behind single unit 845 near BU Cabin at Thealka. The Concord Church is on the left.
11. Behind Q697 was grain train G947-26 behind 131-596.
12. G947 passing through Buffalo Tunnel, the only tunnel remaining on the Big Sandy Sub. 4-28-13.
I headed home to get groceries.