CSX - Historic Hinton WV - 03-25-2017
While attending the C&O Modelers Weekend at Pipe Stem State Park this spring we decided to take a little trip over to Hinton. Pipe Stem State Park is about half way between Princton and Hinton, so it was a short drive.
1. Looking west toward I-77 and the Bluestone River Gorge. Pipe Stem WV.
2. CSX 224-810 leave Hinton WV westbound with empty tubs. These signals are referred to as “Tool Car.”
3. Not much left except the old coal dock and yard light towers. CSX 224-810. View 2. Hinton WV.
4. Roundhouse and Turntable marker. Hinton WV.
5. The former C&O freight station is now a community building and used as a flea market. Hinton WV.
6. We headed up town to visit the antique stores. But later... Freight depot marker. Hinton WV.
7. CSX 727-781-5103 on T402-21 leave town with 110 DKPX (Duke Energy) loads. Hinton WV.
8. CSX 727-781-5103. View 2. Hinton WV.
9. C&O historic marker. Hinton depot.
10. Hinton passenger station / YMCA marker.
11. Hinton and Avis "East" yard marker.
We headed out of town to catch T402 on the road. More on that later.