1. CSX SD50s 8549-8546 with SD40-2 8211 and GP38-2 2596 get a run at Crooked Hill at Hazel Patch on 5-1-88.
2. This southbound coal train of SJRX tubs is heading for Jacksonville Electric Authority.
3. CSX pushers 8379-8041 behind C&O mine run cab 900203.
4. CSX 6107-5750-5732 head southbound multi-level train R215 at Hazel Patch on 10-21-90.
5. CSX 6107-5750-5732 head southbound multi-level train R215 at Hazel Patch on 10-21-90. View 2.
6. CSX SD50s 8615-8573-8574 assault Crooked Hill with a southbound Corbin-bound coal train from Ravenna. 6-19-88.
7. An SD40-2 and SD45 8922 shove hard.
8. Tunnel 7 is up around the curve.
9. CSX F's 116-117 top Crooked Hill at East Bernstadt with southbound "Roadrailer" R211. The train has 60 trailers this 6-19-88.
10. Helpers 8092-8109 have helped R545 up Crooked Hill and pull into the clear at the north end of Bourne passing siding near East Bernstadt on 4-17-88. Denham & Lewis Coal Processing is on the right.
11. Southbound freight R545 roars by behind 6728-8612-2641-8250 with 109 cars.
12. CSX SD40-2s head southbound multi-level train Q245 (Detroit-Jacksonville) at North Bourne on 6-13-04.
13. Denham & Lewis Coal Processing near East Bernstadt. The north end of Bourne passing siding begins in the foreground. 6-13-04.
Train images and story used by permission of Everett N Young
last update - 11 March 2012