These are miscellaneous “roster” shots that may have appeared before on the front of or in the consist of trains.
1. According to CSX Diesel Locomotives by Patrick E. Stakem and Patrick H. Stakem, CSX yard slug 1054 may have been C&O GP9 6209 before being rebuilt by Precision National. It’s is working on the hump at Queensgate Yard in Cincinnati OH on 08-02-2019.
2. CSX SD40-3 4048 is ex-SD40-2 8085. Queensgate OH. 08-02-2019.
3. CSX SD40-2 8220 was originally in the L&N 3500-3600 series. It is now equipped for remote control, and is working the trim job at Queensgate OH Yard. 08-02-2019.
4. CSX SD40-2 8220. View 2. Queensgate OH.
5. CSX “GP38-3” 2034 in Hamilton OH, is ex-2641. 08-05-2019.
6. CSX MP15Ts 1209-1231 at South Charleston WV. 10-10-2019.
7. JDNX 3, CSX 1209, 1137, 1152 and 1181 at South Charleston WV. Counting the 1231 behind the 1209, that’s five CSX switchers on this Thursday, 10-10-2019. CSX 1137, 1152 and 1181 are MP15ACs.
8. CSX MP15Ts 1209-1231 and JDNX 3. S Charleston WV.
9. CSX SD40-2 8804 at Mexico MD waiting on Q371 to get into Cumberland yard. This is an ex-Conrail unit.
10. CSX MW 201201 TUGR parked on the old Greenbrier Branch (Haysi Railroad) at Haysi VA. This was on a grubby Saturday, 11-23-2019, after the annual Santa Train ran.
11. CSX MW TUGR 201201. Your guess is as good as mine on how this thing works and what it does. Haysi VA.
12. CSX MW GSCR 201201 looks like something used in a coal mine or steel mill. Haysi VA.
13. CSX MW Flat RLBT 201301. We know what that back-hoe does. Haysi VA.
14. Parking it on the bridge was a good idea. It kept curiosity seekers from climbing on it. CSX MW 201201 TUGR. Haysi VA.
15. CSX 8095 Ex-L&N SD40-2 on w/b ethanol train K466-19 at Wagner KY on 12-21-2019. Engineer Bryan Pleasant said I was the 5th photographer since he left Shelby. That wasn’t because of the two UP SD70Ms behind the 8095. A SD40-2 on a road train is very rare these days.
16. CSX “CM44AC” 7004 leads Q692 at Ivel KY on 01-26-2020. From what I’ve read, these are supposed to be upgraded AC4400 from the 1-199 series.
17. CSX ES44AH 3081 is parked at Shelby KY on the front of a bunch of side-dumps containing rip-rap. If needed these will be taken up to the big derailment at Draffin. 02-15-2020.
18. CSX “SD40-3” 4047 is ex-SD40-2 8034. Shelby KY, on K429-28, a s/b ethanol train. 03-01-2020.
19. CSX “CM44AC” 7002 is evidently a rebuilt AC4400, but I can’t tell you its original number. Shelby KY. 03-11-2020.
20. CSX 3450-7002 will take Q692-09 north with 1 load and 37 mtys. Shelby KY.
21. CSX 7002 CM44AC. View 2. Shelby KY.
All for now.