1. CSX rail unloader RAUN no. 6. Built by Lincoln Industries Div. of Progress Rail Services. Flat car built 12-63. Shelby, Ky. 12-18-2011.
2. CSX gon 915478. Ex-CR class G52. Blt. 4-70. Shelby, Ky. 1-8-12
3. CSX work train parked at Coal Run Yard. 2-26-12
4. CSX caboose 16630. Coal Run, Ky. 2-26-12
5. SBD Jordan spreader 774760. I've never seen one of these in operation. I guess that is because I'm always workin' when they're workin'!
6. CSX 7690-7658 arrive Coal Run on a shifter from up Johns Creek. On this Sunday all that amounted to were a few empty chemical tank cars from Kimper. 2-26-12
7. CSX ballast car 967205. Ex-Conrail class BH-10 built 12-86. Ld. Limit is 201,700 and a volume of 2300 cubic feet. Shelby on 3-17-12.
8. CSX ballast hopper 965341. 169,000; 1565 cu. ft.; blt 6-60. Formerly a covered hopper. Shelby on 3-17-12.
9. CSX ballast hopper 964185. 161,500; 1970 cu. ft.; blt 9-57 as a Atlantic Coast Line U-10 class phosphate hopper. Quinnimont, WV on 4-1-12.
10. Former SCL paint is bleeding through. That trust plate says "Equitable Life Assurance Society of the U. S., owner/lessor."
11. CSX SD40-2 8089 leaves Shelby with a w/b work train on Sunday, 4-15-12. This engine and caboose were on the work train seen 2-26-12 at Coal Run.
12. Another view of caboose 16630.
13. 8089 will go west down the switching lead to Fords Branch. That's the main line on the right.
14. An eastbound rail train arrives Shelby behind 6415-2231. A rail train behind 8638-2499 awaits a crew to go south. This rail will be dumped off in readiness for the annual maintenance "jamboree" in late June-early July on the former Clinchfield. 6-3-2012
15. CSX welded rail gons 920240, 920243 and 920251 still lettered "C&O."
16. CSX gon 915000 is ex-NYC 576141. 196,500; 2743 cu. ft.; blt. 6-69. On Q697 at Shelby on 6-23-12.
17. Work trains are starting to converge on the old Clinchfield for the annual maintenance event. SD40-2 8880 rolls up the switching lead at Fords Branch on 6-23. It's a shame CSX doesn't paint their MofW rolling stock anymore.
18. A little later work train W043 behind 8514-2493 rolls east (south when on the Kingsport SD) at Levisa Jct. on 6-23-12.
19. A "scorpion ramp car" brings up the rear of 21-car W043.
20. LORAM Maintenance of Way ditch cleaner DC-2 parked on the Hale 3 siding at Harold. 7-20-12.
21. LORAM caboose with DC-2. LORAM has a good website.
22. CSX 422-931 with eastbound SCWX loads passes on the Big Sandy main at Harold.
23. LORAM DC-2 has a blue flag and a de-rail. Hale 3 was once a preparation plant. All of that is gone, but the siding is still very active for loading logs.
24. Q697 goes west behind HLCX 7860 (ex-BNSF) and CREX 9023 (ex-UP). 7-20-12.