During and after the Chesapeake & Ohio Historical Society conference in West Chester OH, Sue and I took side trips before coming back home. On Friday, August 2nd, we visited CSX’s Queensgate Yard. On the way back to West Chester, Chuck Bogart drove us through suburban Glendale. A poplar restaurant and bar is the “Cock & Bull Public House” very near the former CH&D/B&O depot. We joined Dave Neathery there for dinner.
1. Cock & Bull Public House. Glendale OH. On the left, upstairs, is an open area for dining. 08-02-2019.
2. Oh yes, this dining area has a great view of CSX’s Cincinnati Terminal Subdivision. NS 8008-7550 hustle a northbound intermodal toward Hamilton, Richmond, and Fort Wayne IN. Glendale OH.
3. I understand that NS uses the former B&O for northbounds to Hamilton before reaching their own ex-PRR track. CSX uses NS through Sharonville. NS 8008-7550. Glendale OH.
4. That train was soon followed by NS 9363-9829-3603-9900-9037 on a northbound freight. Glendale OH.
5. NS 9363-9829-3603-9900-9037. View 2. Glendale OH.
6. The former B&O depot is now a civic building. Glendale OH.
7. ex-B&O depot historical marker. Glendale OH.
8. The clock. ex-B&O depot. Glendale OH.
9. ex-B&O depot. Glendale OH.
10. On Sunday, Aug. 4th, we headed over to Connersville IN, to ride the Whitewater Valley RR. CSX’s Indianapolis Subdivision passes through town. The former B&O depot is now home for maintenance-of-way. This is looking west toward Indy. CSX depot. Connersville IN. 08-04-2019.
11. CSX depot. View 2. Connersville IN.
12. This shelter serves Amtrak’s Cardinal that passes through tri-weekly in the middle of the night. Amtrak depot. Connersville IN.
13. The former B&O depot in Liberty OH, is also a civic building. 08-04-2019.
14. B&O depot. View 2. Liberty OH.
15. Looking east on CSX’s Indianapolis Sub. at the crossing and interchange with the Indiana Eastern RR (C&O). Cottage Grove IN. 08-04-2019.
16. CSX - Indiana Eastern crossing. View 2. Cottage Grove IN.
17. Looking north (west) on the Indiana Eastern (C&O). A bunch of tank cars and an engine (out of site) were parked on the right. The building is IE’s, but it must be for non-rail equipment. Indiana Eastern CSX crossing. Cottage Grove IN.
18. Looking south (east) on the former C&O Miami Sub. at milepost 45 (from Cincinnati Jct.). Indiana Eastern RR. Cottage Grove IN.
19. Indiana Eastern SD9 206. Ex-Algiers, Winslow & Western, exx-Southern, nee-Central of Georgia. Cottage Grove IN.
20. Indiana Eastern RR SD9 206. View 2. Cottage Grove IN.
21. Indiana Eastern yard. Cottage Grove IN.
22. Connection between CSX and IE on left. Looking east on the former C&O. Indiana Eastern CSX crossing. Cottage Grove IN.
23. Looking west on the Indianapolis Sub. (route of the Cardinal) and the connection going around to the right to the Indiana Eastern. CSX Indiana Eastern crossing. Cottage Grove IN. 08-04-2019.
We headed on into College Corner OH, and spent the night.