1. BNSF 7906-9124-8426-HLCX 3867 on e/b 117-18 (Bellevue-Chattanooga) bangs across the CSX Indianapolis Line SD diamond at AC Tower with 86 loads/67 mtys. NS yard engine parked on the interchange. 06-18-2015. Marion.
2. AC Tower has been relocated to the south side of the former Big Four and Erie main line. HLCX 3867-NS 8426 9124-7906. Marion.
3. UP 7231-7002-5595 heads west on the CSX Indianapolis Line SD (former NYC-Big Four) with CMO and UP empties. Marion.
4. Crossing the former C&O diamond. UP 7231-7002-5595. Marion.
5. CMO is a UP reporting mark for predecessor Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Paul & Omaha which was merged into the Chicago & Northwestern. CMO hopper 506405. Marion.
6. Model board of AC Tower. Marion.
7. The original switching was installed by Taylor Signal which later became part of General Railway Signal. AC Tower. Marion.
8. Weston Electrical Instrument Co ammeters. Current would spike when the switches were being moved. When current dropped to zero the operator knew that the move was completed. AC Tower. Marion.
9. CSX 3229-3237 head Q109 west on the Indianapolis Line with Schneider business from the terminal just east of town. This train makes a round-trip from North Baltimore each day via Ridgeway and Galatea (I think). NS Sandusky District is in the foreground. Marion.
10. Operators desk at AC Tower. Marion.
11. Retired E-L and Conrail operator Pete White said that there were roughly 55 moves through AC during each shift in the 70s and 80s. There are not that many now.
13. All of the N&WHS’s convention seminars, slide shows, etc. were held at the Marion Model Railroad Club’s rooms at the former union station. This is the east end of the C&O side. Marion.
14. NS westbound 8840 on a grain train overtakes a slower CSX coal train headed by 8567. 08-19-2015. Paved area was part of Marion Power Shovel’s property which was to the right. Marion.
15. NS 8987 rolls east with a loaded multi-level train of autos, as CSX 8567 approaches. Marion.
16. CSX 8567-7888 roll past Marion depot.
17. UP 8634-4102 are north on the Sandusky District with NS 174-16 (Macon, GA-Elkhart, IN) with 47/78. Marion.
18. UP 8634-4102. Marion. View 2.
19. UP 8634-4102. Marion. View 3.
20. CSX 2635-2656 on H792, the e/b “Carey Turn”, heading back to Parsons with 10 cars. Marion.
21. CSX 7341-7714 have westbound 92-car empty grain train V764-18. Marion.
22. NS 8739-UP 5934 have westbound intermodal train 235 (Rickenbacker, OH to Colehour, IL) with 114 wells. Marion.
23. CSX 911 has eastbound Q635 with 37 cars on the Columbus SD. Marion.
24. CSX 477-8761 lead w/b single-stack Q135 with 157 wells. Marion.
Then we went to supper at “The Shovel.”