While at the C&OHS Conference in West Chester OH, Charles Bogart arranged for a tour of Queensgate Yard limited to a small group of people. We were permitted – unescorted – to visit the hump tower and shoot photos from any of the roads and parking lots as long as we didn’t walk across tracks. Everyone was trusted to act responsibly which we did. We are very appreciative of CSX’s hospitality.
1. Queensgate Yard Map 3. Click here for a larger image.
2. Queensgate Yard Map 2. Click here for a larger image.
3. This map was published in the Queensgate Yard manual in 1979. Undoubtedly some if it has changed. I think CSX and NS now share a third main track. Queensgate Yard Map 1. Click here for a larger image.
4. Cincinnati Terminal SD Butler St CT Jct. Click here for a larger image.
5. This is from the 2011 Louisville Div. employee timetable. Cincinatti Terminal SD NA CT Jct. Click here for a larger image.
6. CSX sign. Queensgate OH.
7. CSX snow blower. CSX TSB9902. Queensgate OH.
8. NS 1194-4053 with n/b freight passing signal at RH Tower on the shared main track. Cincinnati OH.
9. CSX Remote Control 8252 on one of the trim jobs that couples cars in the bowl yard and makes up trains in the departure yard. Queensgate Yard OH.
10. CSX 8242 on trim job pulling cars out of the bowl yard. Queensgate OH.
11. CSX MP15T 1227 parked in the support yard. Queensgate OH.
12. CSX SD40-2 2417 and yard slug 1057 shove a cut across the hump. We saw two pairs of hump engines. Queensgate OH.
13. CSX 1057-2417. View 2. Queensgate OH.
14. CSX 1057-2417. View 3. Queensgate OH.
15. View from administration building (hump yardmaster tower) of the crew building and locomotive shop. CSX crew bldg & shop. Queensgate OH.
16. Heading to receiving yard to get another cut to hump. CSX 1057-2417. Queensgate OH.
17. CSX 2417-1057. View 2. Queensgate OH.
18. CSX Engine terminal. Queensgate OH.
19. Hump and shop area with TV camera in foreground. CSX terminal shop. Queensgate OH.
20. CSX terminal. Queensgate OH.
21. Master retarder and bowl yard with 2417-1057 heading into receiving yard. CSX bowl yard. Queensgate OH.
22. CSX SD40-3 4048 with 144. Queensgate OH.
23. Humping begins on a new cut. CSX hump. Queensgate OH.
24. Rolling over the master retarder into the bowl yard. CSX hump. Queensgate OH.
25. CSX hump. Queensgate OH.
26. CSX Hump conductor pulls pin. Queensgate OH.
27. SCL gon 131784 with a load of used rails.Queensgate OH.
28. CSX hump. Queensgate OH.
29. Car shop on far right. CSX hump. Queensgate OH.
30. CSX 2417-1054 approach apex of hump. Queensgate OH.
31. CSX 1054-2414. Queensgate OH.
32. Roof of a yard slug. CSX slug 1054. Queensgate OH.
33. CSX administration building. Queensgate OH.
34. CSX hump underpass. Queensgate OH.
All for now. More scenes later.