1. The F896 crew seen earlier comes back south with engine 298 leading 102 empties for McClure Mine. Seen from the State Line Overlook. KY 80 is just below on the right. Train is approaching State Line Tunnel. 11-15-2014.
2. F896-15 straddles the state line on both ends of the tunnel.
3. State Line Overlook - Breaks.
4. State Line Overlook Breaks.
5. CSX 4849-NS 9893-CSX 2760 on s/b Q698 (Cincinnati – Hamlet) crossing Pool Point trestle near Elkhorn City. Q698 was 81 cars this day which was mostly covered hoppers. 11-10-2014
6. CSX 973 led n/b E281-08 (Terrell, NC – Newell, PA) of DKPX (Duke Energy) empties. 11-10-2014
7. CSX 3058-4839 lead a 33-car Q697 w/b at Elkhorn City. 11-10-2014
8. CSX 971-333 get a run at the 1.5% grade with s/b grain train G676-06 (Hamler, OH-I&O RR to Privateer, SC). 11-10-2014
9. Medium clear at the NE Elkhorn passing siding.
10. CSX Pusher 5119-239.
11. CSX 5207-416 lead U341-08 (Pennyroyal, SC – Leatherwood Mine) with system empties. Passing the Elkhorn City Railroad Museum. 11-10-2014
12. CSX 3136-716 on n/b V281-23, DKPX empties, passing Elkhorn Yard. A new KY 80 bridge is under construction across the river and yard. This is the location of the twin water tanks pictured in C&O Power. 10-25-2014.
Train images used by permission of Everett N Young