1. ET&WNC RS-3 210 switching the Beaunit Mills rayon plant in Elizabethton on 05-14-1973.
2. ET&WNC 210 was ex-Central of Georgia 109. View 2.
3. In 1967 ET&WNC received CofG 108 and 109 in a trade for their 2-8-0 steamers 630 and 722. ET&WNC 210, View 3. No. 630 is now owned and operated by the Tennessee Valley Railway Museum.
4. ET&WNC 210. View 4.
5. Beaunit Mills used “fireless cooker” 0-6-0 No. 1 inside the plant because of the explosive nature of some of the chemicals they used. ET&WNC 210 beside.
6. The plant operated under several owners. North American Rayon ordered this engine from H. K. Porter Co. of Pittsburgh in 1936. No. 1 weighed 68 tons and had 28” x 24” cylinders. The rated tractive effort was 25,660 lbs. C&O used a couple of these to switch chemical plants in South Charleston WV, making them the last steam locomotives used by the C&O.
7. ET&WNC 210 was in Johnson City TN on 07-21-1973.
8. Mac Connery took this shot of RS-32 212 in Johnson City TN on 10-03-1985. By this time the ET&WNC was called the East Tennessee Ry., which it is today. The rayon mill at Elizabethton closed in 2000 after a disastrous fire.
9. No. 1 is now on display at Elizabethton. 12-27-2003.
10. A former ET&WNC boxcar used on the famous narrow gauge part which extended to Boone NC.
11. East Tennessee Ry. SW-1200 214 switches a metals recycling facility at Johnson City in April 2015. ETRY is now part of the Genesee & Wyoming family. ETRY SD1200 214 Johnson City TN.