Here’s some rolling stock that I recently shot mostly in Arizona and New Mexico.
1. CSX covered hopper 261150 was found in storage at Sawmill Yard on the Coal Run SD on 03-16-2019. It was built by Trinity 10-2010. Sawmill KY.
2. These sulfuric acid tanks were parked at Ray Jct. AZ, on the Copper Basin Railroad awaiting transit to “Home Shop For Repair.” SASX could be Southern Acid & Sulphur, Continental Tank Car Corp., or Olin Mathieson Chemical Corp. Take your pick. They were built in 1989. SASX 1051-1054 tankers.
3. SP hopper 465228 is carrying copper concentrate from ASARCO’s Mission Mine at Saharita AZ, to the smelter at Hayden AZ via UP and Copper Basin. Kelvin AZ, 04-25-2019. Kelvin AZ.
4. WP hopper 10555 has a load limit of 230,000 lbs. and a capacity of 2,300 cubic feet. The “3077” placard indicates environmentally hazardous substances, solid; hazardous waste or other regulated substances, solid. Class 9 goods might become hazardous under certain conditions. Kelvin AZ.
5. D&RGW hopper 19907 has a load limit of 202,300 and a capacity of 3483 cubic feet. It was built by Bethlehem Steel 01-1979. Note the stencil “Do Not Load Above Line” referring to 3077 placard cars in ore service. Kelvin AZ.
6. SOXX gon 526197 is SMBC Rail Services aka Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. Notice the “3077” placard on the end. 04-27-2019. Nogales AZ.
7. MDCX tank 1332 belongs to Mexicana De Cobre SA de CV aka Grupo Mexico. ASARCO, Copper Basin Railroad and Ferromex are part of Grupo Mexico. Nogales AZ.
8. All MDCX tankers had “1830” placards indicating sulfuric acid. This UP freight was going into Mexico. MDCX tank 1371. Nogales AZ.
9. MDCX tank 1216. Nogales AZ.
10. MDCX tank 1467. Nogales AZ.
11. D&RGW hopper 19679 was built 12-1978. Nogales AZ.
12. I couldn’t pass up this “fallen flag” SP. It was built in 06-1979. SP box 24352. Nogales AZ.
13. Plenty of sulfuric cars parked in the UP yard/Arizona Eastern interchange at Lordsburg NM on 04-30-2019. Built 02-1990. Sulfuric acid is used to leach minerals out of copper mine waste dumps. MDCX tank 1139. Lordsburg NM.
14. MDCX 1331 was built 12-1977. 04-30-2019. Lordsburg NM.
15. CHSX covered hopper 581014 has a load limit of 219,100 and was built by Trinity in 12-2016. CHS Inc. is the company name. Lordsburg NM.
16. AMFX covered hopper 10116 is the reporting mark of American Railcar Industries. It was built by ARI fka American Car & Foundry 10-2008. Load limit is 233,000 and capacity is 3,260. Found at Arizona Eastern’s yard in Globe AZ on 05-02-2019. Globe AZ.
All for now.