Indiana Railroad Hiawatha Yard - 09-19-2014 - Part 1
Another highlight of the combined L&NHS/C&EIHS convention in Terre Haute was the tour of Indiana Railroad's new shop at Jasonville, IN. Following the tour of Peabody’s Bear Run coal mine, we car-pooled over to Hiawatha Yard for the 3:00 PM event.
1. Parked in the yard were SD9043MACs 9003-9011. INRD 9003-9011 Jasonville.
2. INRD truck Jasonville.
3. CEFX 104 INRD 4005 Jasonville.
4. INRD SD40-2s are ex-HLCX, exx-BNSF and nee-BN. INRD 4005 Jasonville.
5. INRD shop (inside) Jasonville.
6. INRD 9006 inside the shop Jasonville.
7. INRD Four 50-ton movable jacks are used to lift locomotives. Jasonville.
8. INRD 9006 hean-on. Jasonville.
9. I’m not sure how it works, but the INRD “Sandmaster” sands locomotives. Jasonville.
10. INRD GP38AC 3812 is ex-HLCX, exx-ICG, nee-GM&O. Jasonville.
11. Another BN cast-off. INRD SD40-2 4003 Jasonville.
12. INRD 4003-9010 Jasonville.
13. INRD shop Jasonville. Other view.
14. CEFX SD40-2s 3109-3089 came from the Southern Pacific. Jasonville.
15. Indiana Railroad also does some outside work on locomotives. CEFX 1527-1528. Jasonville.
Stay tuned for Part 2 coming your way.
Train images used by permission of Everett N Young
last update - 15 Dec 2014