1. NS 9308-8368-6628 leads w/b grain train 51Q down through the yard on arrival at Williamson WV. The new yard office is named the “John W. Fox” building and is on the left. 05-11-2015.
2. NS 5110 w/b work train 99J departs Williamson behind GP38-2 5110 with 5 cars. It is passing the “Gate” signal.
3. Work train 97J with NS caboose 555585 unloads ties at Naugatuck.
4. NS GP60 7102 still seems like a new locomotive model and shouldn’t rate lowly work train service. Naugatuck.
5. NS GP60 7102 Naugatuck. View 2.
6. NS 7102 Naugatuck. View 3.
7. NS 7102 Naugatuck. View 4.
8. NS 9331-UP 9762 e/b ethanol train 66E exits Big Sandy Tunnel No. 1 at Panco. Note the notched portal.
9. NS 9331-UP 9762 Panco. View 2.
10. 66E has NS 9331-UP 9762 and an unidentified unit. Panco. View 3.
11. This NS LORAM ballast cleaner trams w/b at Tunnel 4 near Crum.
12. NS Loram Crum. View 2.
13. NS 9641 hustles e/b with empty tubs at Prichard.
14. NS 9119 heads toward KRT on the Kenova Belt as a CSX freight goes east.
15. We are at Kenova waiting for the ferry run of Y-6 2156. Herb Parsons and I are caught in a brief thunder shower as 9119 goes back to Kenova yard with empties from KRT. We got drenched, but I love the shot. A CSX w/b was approaching in the distance. View 2.
16. NS 2805-8796 cross the Ohio River into Kenova with e/b freight 188.
17. NS 2583-6770 have e/b loaded multi-level train 272. Kenova.
18. Here’s what we were waitin’ on! NS 3068-NW 2156. Kenova.
19. We saw 51Q arriving earlier at Williamson. With a new crew it is rolling w/b at Neal with 9308-8368-6628. NS 9308-8368-6628. Neal.
20. Soon to be followed by w/b double stack 233 behind NS 9721-8793-9233. No. 956 e/b with the 2-8-8-2 had to wait for these two “money” trains to get by, as MofW had one track out of service. Cyrus.