1. Abandoned suspension bridge between Nuttall and South Nuttall. Eastbound train passing on No. 2 track.
2. CSX 7823-5321 easbbound on No. 1 track passing suspension bridge at Nuttall. 3-25-07
3. Abandoned Dubree 4 tipple being stabilized by National Park Service. 3-25-07
4. Conveyor from drift mouth of mine into the Sewell Seam. Maryland New River Coal Co., Dubree 4
5. North side of conveyor.
6. Empty hopper and coke oven sidings.
7. Abandoned coke ovens. My 1926 Keystone Coal Manual makes no mention of coke ovens, so these must have been inactive prior to that date.
8. Empty and coke oven sidings.
9. West side of Nuttall tipple during NPS stabilization project.
10. Winch sheave.
11. Abandoned sidings and coke ovens. 3-25-07
12. Beehive coke oven under repair. Many of the ovens have caved in.
13. Rear foundation of company store. Coke ovens in background. 3-25-07
14. CSX 5104-522 eastbound on No. 1 track passing Nuttall tipple.
15. CSX 5104-522 eastbound on No. 1 track passing Nuttall tipple. View 2.
16. CSX 5104-522 eastbound on No. 1 track passing Nuttall tipple. View 3.
You would not believe how much work NPS has done to this site. More later.