1. The former Reading depot in Tamaqua has been renovated into several businesses. Tamaqua PA.
2. Looking east on the Reading & Northern main line toward Port Clinton, Reading, etc. The Reading yard was on around the curve, but the engine terminal was behind me in the middle of town. Tamaqua PA.
3. This Atlas Powder Co. “dinkey” 20 is on display at the depot. Tamaqua PA.
4. Reading had signals here (a big signal bridge), so R&N keeps the tradition. I’m not sure of the original function of the small tower. R&N tower. Tamaqua PA.
5. Looking west on the Reading & Northern at Tamaqua. R&N signals. Tamaqua PA.
6. R&N signal closeup. Tamaqua PA.
7. Former Reading restored watch box. Presumably this was used at a street crossing.Tamaqua PA.
8. Entrance to former Lehigh Coal & Navigation / Bethlehem Mines Greenwood Breaker just east of Tamaqua PA. Lehigh Natural Resources sign.
9. Lehigh Anthracite Coal truck entrance sign. Tamaqua PA.
10. Lehigh Anthracite Coal Co Greenwood Breaker. Tamaqua PA.
11. The Greenwood Breaker is still active. I wish I had walked up there and shot that GE center-cab switcher. The Lehigh & New England served this breaker out of Arlington Yard. After L&NE folded circa 1961 the Central of New Jersey took over. Now the R&N operates this segment of the L&NE up the Panther Valley from Tamaqua. All of the other LC&N breakers are long gone. Lehigh Anthracite Coal Co. View 2.
All for now.