1. What’s left of the former N&W / AC&Y engine terminal at Carey OH. National Lime’s plant is in the background.
2. Wheeling & Lake Erie SD40-2s 7374-4016 at their yard. MofW is putting a derailed car back on the track behind the engines. Carey OH.
3. W&LE 6354-6388 switching near National Lime. Carey OH.
4. No. 6388 is ex-BNSF, and 6354 is ex-KCS. WLE 6388-6354. Carey OH.
5. CSX former C Cabin is on the left. WLE 6388-6354. Carey OH.
6. WLE 6388-6354. Carey OH.
7. WLE 6388-6354. Carey OH. View 2.
8. WLE SD40-2 6354. Carey OH.
9. WLE 6388-6354. Carey OH. View 2.
10. Progress Rail (PRLX) SW-1500 3604 is leased to Shelly Materials. Thought to be ex-BNSF same number. Carey OH.
11. Switching near Shelly Materials. This is a remnant of the old NYC (Big Four) line that runs northeast from Carey a mile or so. The 1936 Big Four employee timetable shows this to be the Sandusky to Bellefontaine line, and it supported four passenger trains and four freights in each direction west of Berwick. WLE 6354-6388. Carey OH.
12. This Stoneco switcher s/n 7347 was rebuilt by Plymouth Rail Services in Shiloh PA in 2008 as their model CR-8. It was originally built in 1981 for Martin-Marietta Corp and used at their Woodville OH quarry. It now weights 65 tons and is powered by two Detroit Diesel engines producing 724 HP. Stoneco is part of Shelly Company. From their website Shelly appears to own many aggregate and concrete facilities around Ohio. Stoneco. Carey OH.
13. Stoneco. Carey OH. View 2.
14. Stoneco. Carey OH. View 3.
15. National Lime & Stone. WLE 6354-6388. Carey OH.
16. National Lime & Stone 7562. Carey OH. View 2.
17. National Lime & Stone’s GE switcher was originally U. S. Navy. National Lime & Stone 7562. Carey OH. View 3.
18. This w/b Wheeling empty stone train is stopped for a re-crew at the crossing at Tymochtee, a few miles east of Carey. No. 6348 was an ex-EMDX lease engine. It was previously Soo line and originally Milwaukee Rd. SD40-2s will live forever! The blue is OK, but I can’t wait until they get painted in the Rio Grande-inspired scheme. WLE 6348-7356. Tymochtee OH.
19. The westbound slowly moves in closer to Carey, but MofW and another crew are in the way. WLE 6348-7356 near Carey OH. View 2.
20. Wheeling’s track looked really good. WLE 6348-7356 near Carey OH. View 3.
On to Fostoria.