1. CSX 4036 work train parked in Danville WV yard. 06-24-2018.
2. CSX 4036 “SD40-3”. View 2. Danville WV.
3. CSX 4036. View 3. Danville WV.
4. CSX 4036. View 4. Danville WV.
5. CSX 4036. View 5. Danvile WV.
6. CSX flat 912107 with John Deere backhoe. Danville WV. 06-24-2018.
7. CSX MW flat 912107. View 2. Danville WV.
8. CSX caboose 900060. Danville WV.
9. CEFX 1046-CSX 7765-UP 5442 on w/b empty ethanol train K446-05 with 96 tank cars plus 2 buffer cars. Boldman KY. 10-07-2018.
10. K446 rumbling through Betsy Layne KY. CEFX 1046-7765-UP 5442.
11. Note the Chessie System sticker! CSX 7765, C40-8W. Betsy Layne KY.
12. Due to a power outage and the signals being red, K446 was delayed. His signal was clear at the east end of Ivel, so normal speed was resumed. CEFX 1046-7765-UP 5442. Ivel KY.
13. CP 8603-9677 on w/b K446-11 passes Beaver Junction at Dwale KY on 10-13-2018. This day he had 96 empty tank cars and two buffers. At this signal Track 2 (the nearest track) becomes the “Extension” (fka Elkhorn & Beaver Valley SD) to Martin which is also CTC controlled.
14. From these crossovers it is double track west to EM Cabin at Emma. CP 8603-9677. View 2. Beaver Jct KY.
15. K446-11 passes under the Town Branch bridge at Prestonsburg KY. CP 8603-9677.
16. CP 8603-9677. View 2. Prestonsburg KY.
17. End buffer car on K446-11 at Prestonsburg. CP 8603-9677. View 3. Prestonsburg KY.
18. No, CSX doesn’t run ethanol trains every day on Big Sandy, but if the motive power is unusual and the weather is good I’ll go after one. CSX 91-820 have w/b K446-17 with 80 tanks and two buffers passing the East End of Pauley on 10-19-2018.
19. This BNSF was stenciled as a buffer car. Practically all ethanol trains we see are empty going west toward Russell. CSX 91-820. View 2. EE Pauley KY.
20.CSX 593-39 on e/b U209-18 with 100 empty tubs held back at the west end of Pauley until K446 passed, so as not to block crossings. U209 is now moving up the siding expecting a medium clear at the east end of Pauley KY. 10-19-2018.
All for now.