1. CSX 991-990 (consecutive numbers!) wait on the main at Shelby KY for the Russell crew to come out of the yard office. Today empty ethanol train K429-14, has 80 cars, weighs 12.000 tons and is 5,432 ft. long.
2. On 03-22-2020, I found a CSX red-yellow-yellow Medium Approach signal at FO Cabin beckoning an eastbound to go through the switch to #1 main on the left but be prepared to stop at Fords Branch signal.
3. CP 8799-CSX16 approach FO Cabin KY with an ethanol train. 05-22-2020.
4. Eastbound K447-20 has 98 cars making it 13,172 tons and 5,960 feet long. CP 8799-CSX16. FO Cabin KY.
5. On the rear is CP DPU 8153. FO Cabin KY.
6. CSX clear signal for a westbound from Track 2 to the main. FO Cabin KY.
7. CSX 3382-954-420-3119 with a train of DKPX empty goes onto single track. FO Cabin KY.
8. CSX 3382. FO Cabin KY.
9. CSX 5216-5113-396 rumble by with w/b grain empties with all CSX cars. 03-22-2020. FO Cabin KY.
10. CP 8153. AC4400CWM. Shelby KY.
11. CP DPU 8153 slowly passing the spot of Shelby’s old depot on the yard lead. 03-22-2020. Shelby KY.
12. CP 8799 GE ES44AC. Shelby KY.
13. Adding CSX352 to CP 8153. Shelby KY.
14. Approaching the Russell Fork bridge at Elkhorn City KY. The grade starts here. That’s new US 460 construction on the hill in the background. CP 8799-CSX16.
15. CP 8799-CSX16. Elkhorn City KY.
16. CP 8153-CSX372. Elkhorn City KY.
17. CP 8153-CSX372 passing the Elkhorn City Railroad Museum at the site of the old C&O depot. 03-22-2020. Elkhorn City KY.
All for now.