Here are a few miscellaneous rolling stock shots.
1. PEPX 307 is Potomac Electric Power. This car has 203,700 capy., 3570 cu. ft. in volume and was built in 7-79. It also had a stencil that it was shopped by BWCX in 12-85. I take that to be Berwind Industries' car shop at Hollidaysburg, Pa. Too bad Berwind still doesn't have their hopper fleet. This was at Shelby on 7-20-08.
2. ECGX 90268 is Alabama Power. It was mixed in on a Georgia Power train at Paintsville yard on 8-3-08. Jim Witten and I stopped by here on our way to Russell that day.
3. PMRX ( Progress Metal Reclamation Co.) 1402 is ex UFIX. It has a registered trademark of a "Youngstown Bathtub" by the Glover Group. Looks like an ACF "Coalveyor" to me! Paintsville on 8-3-08.
4. A closer look at the Youngstown Bathtub registered trademark on 1402. Glover Group logo is partly covered under the reflective sticker.
5. UFTX 21044. 211,200 and 4200. Built 5-81. Don't know who UFTX is.
6. VAPX (Virginia Power) has received some major patch work and a lousy re-lettering job. No. 93351 was built in 1993. Paintsville on 8-3-08.
7. APPX (Appalachian Railcar) 9066 is a 4,000 cu. ft. car built in 12-74. It is quite probably ex-AEPX since we had a bunch of them like this. Parked on the passing siding at Ivel, Ky., on 8-3-08. Black Diamond Mining's storage area is in the background.
8. CMO (Union Pacific) 21675 is a 224,000 capy., 5161 cu. ft. covered hopper built by Trinity in 7-06. CMO harkens back to C&NW subsidiary Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Ry. Paintsville on 8-3-08.
9. Also at Paintsville on Aug. 3 were the local engines. GP40-2 6427 and Road Slug 2225. These run up to Martin to the TransFlo terminal (at night), and will work as far east as Harold to pick up logs out of Hale 3 siding.
10. At Paintsville on Aug. 3 was a local engine. Closeup of Road Slug 2225.
11. Sitting on the west end of Paintsville yard was a welded rail train behind 2330-6412. The battery had died on 6412 and they were waiting for the machinist to come from Shelby to jump start the engines from the adjacent 2270-6463.