Recently I’ve photographed many maintenance-of-way subjects that I thought were interesting. I hope you will too.
1. Yard tracks 9 and 10 in the foreground have since been ripped up. C&O MW 913312. Shelby KY.
2. C&O MW air-dump 913312 was built 09-1969 and rebuilt by JK-CO. It has a load limit of 150,800. All of these were shot at Shelby KY on 07-04-2020. C&O 913312. Shelby KY.
3. Ex-Conrail CR MW 53299 has a volume of 1350 cubic feet and a load limit of 187,300. It is former Conrail class SD24A. Even though “CR” is an NS reporting mark, I don’t suppose it doesn’t matter if the cars aren’t going to be subject to interchange. Shelby KY.
4. CR MW 53335 has a load limit of 187,200 and a volume of 1350 cubic feet. Shelby KY.
5. NOKL (Northwestern Oklahoma Railroad) MW 99910 is ex-Conrail 53511. Like the others it has a volume of 1,350 and a load limit of 193,000. This CR class SD42A was built in 05-1978. Shelby KY.
6. CSX MW 995338 was ex-Seaboard System, nee-Seaboard Coast Line 465338. It also has a volume of 1,350 cubic feet but was built 12-1976. Shelby KY.
7. B&O MW 913816 was built 08-1971. Shelby KY.
8. B&O MW 913826 was built 08-1984 by DIFCO Inc. It has a load limit of 183,600. Shelby KY.
9. CSX MW 995342 was built by DIFCO Inc., Findlay OH, 11-1976. It has a volume of 1,620 cubic feet and a load limit of 185,400 lbs. It was originally SBD and SCL 465342. Shelby KY.
10. Another fallen flag car is SCL MW 465351. It was built in 06-1981 and has a load limit of 183,000 lbs. Shelby KY.
11. CSX tie gon MW 914547 has a volume of 2,246 cubic feet and a load limit of 182,800. It was built 05-1968. Shelby KY.
12. CSX MW 914721 is ex-CSX 482883, nee-Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 19809. It was built 04-1975, repainted 08-1995, and has a load limit of 184,400 lbs. Shelby KY.
13. That fish belly structure says CSX MW 914629 was formerly CSX 482612 and originally P&LE 19233. It has a volume of 1,995 cubic feet, a load limit of 181,500 and was built 12-1974. Shelby KY.
14. CSX MW ramp car 920669 was C&O same number. It has a load limit of 147,100 and was built 03-1962. Shelby KY.
15. The John Deere crawls from car to car and drops off ties. CSX MW 920669. Shelby KY.
16. CSX MW 920669. View 2. Shelby KY.
17. CSX MW 914626 is ex-CSX 482806, nee-P&LE 19654. The load limit is 184,900 and was built 03-1975. Shelby KY.
18. CSX MW 914565 is ex-CSX 701988, nee-CSX 365198. This car was built 09-1961, has a volume of 2,246 cubic feet and a load limit of 183,800. Shelby KY.
19. CSX MW 504073 has a load limit of 180,600 lbs. It was formerly B&O 408080. Shelby KY.
20. CSX MW ramp car 912307 is ex-RTTX 602202, Trailer Train TTX Co. Shelby KY.
21. This equipment would soon be unloaded and spend several days on the Sandy Valley & Elkhorn Subdivision replacing ties between Shelby and Esco. CSX MW 912307. Shelby KY.
All for now.