1. Searles Valley Minerals (DGHX) has their own coal-fired power plant at their plant at Trona CA. This train was departing west out of Union Pacific’s yard at Yermo CA on 10-27-2017. DGHX 009190.
2. DGHX 009191. Yermo CA.
3. Interesting logo. These 9100 series were built by Trinity in 1992. DGHX hopper 9122. Yermo CA.
4. DGHX hopper 9122. View 2. Yermo CA.
5. I guess it doesn’t matter anymore how dirty a car is as long as it has a transponder. DGHX hopper 9171. Yermo CA.
6. There were also some C&NW and CTRN hoppers in the train. I figure it may have loaded in Utah or Colorado. CNW hopper 880132. Yermo CA.
7. On New Year’s Day CSX ran a westbound X804-02 with 105 empty boxcars. This train was roughly 75 RBOX and 30 CSX cars. I heard these came out of storage from Erwin TN yard. CSX boxcar 150190 has plug doors. Emma KY.
8. CSX boxcar 161175. Emma KY.
9. Was it painted purple or did it weather that way?? CSX boxcar 161600. Emma KY.
10. CSX boxcar 161641. Emma KY.
11. CSX boxcar 161688 is marked for extended height. Emma KY.
12. HZGX (Herzog Contracting) hopper 6616 was built 05-1977. The load limit is 202,000 lb. and the capacity is 2,200 cubic feet. Pictured at Shelby KY on 01-01-2018. A train of these loaded with ballast went west today.
13. HZGX hopper 9275 was built 08-1989. It has a load limit of 190,500 lbs. and a volume of 2,430 cubic feet. Shelby KY.
14. Reading, Blue Mountain & Northern hopper 7435 is parked at West Cressona PA on 07-11-2017.
15. RBMN hopper 7451 is similar. West Cressona PA.