ICG - Through the Years at Fulton KY -- 08-09-1986 and 08-10-1986 -- part 3
1. As the yard engine switches in the foreground BC-4 arrives northbound on the Cairo District. 08-09-1986. ICG. Fulton KY.
2. BC-4 (Birmingham to Chicago) is powered by ICG SD40s 6016-908-6015 today. ICG Fulton KY.
3. I wish I had shot some of those sawdust hoppers. ICG Fulton KY.
4. BC-4 is making its set-off and pick-up. That’s the Amtrak station on the right. Still is! ICG Fulton KY.
5. BC-4 gets the fuel capped off. The facility has been replaced by one more modern. ICG Fulton KY.
6. I’m sure GM&O kept their largest units more presentable. ICG Fulton KY.
7. Hopefully 6016 will receive ICG lettering and paint soon. Then they will have to clean it! ICG Fulton KY.
8. BC-4 has a medium clear at Buda, the end of double track north of Fulton on the Cairo side. ICG Fulton KY.
9. BC-4’s next crew change will probably be Centralia or Champaign IL. Shot from the US 51 overpass. ICG Fulton KY.
10. Earlier in the day I shot ICG 100-ton 4-bay hopper 365264 at Fulton KY. ICG Fulton.
11. ICG hopper 336505. ICG Fulton KY.
12. ICG hopper 365544. ICG Fulton KY.
13. The next morning, August 10th, overcast set in. We caught GP11 8750-7800 leaving northbound on the Cairo District. These units were in the engine terminal the previous day. I‘m not sure of the train number, but this could have been the Cairo Local. ICG Fulton KY.
14. Looks like he has an approach for Buda. ICG Fulton KY.
15. At Oaks TN, LM-7 (Louisville to Memphis) is leaving behind GP38-2 9637-8379-2537 and ex-GM&O GP35 634.
ICG Fulton KY.
16. LM-7 has 108 cars this day. NOW: The main on the left runs through a R.I.P. car shop complete with a drop table. The track on the far right is now a main. More on that later. ICG Fulton KY.
We had to hit the road. It’s a long haul to Pikeville which is completely at the other end of the state of Kentucky!