N&WHS Special N&W 475 Mixed Train at Strasburg - Sat., 07-15-2017
Sue and I attended the N&WHS Convention which was held this year in Strasburg PA. There were four events that highlighted former N&W 475: Friday morning hostling tour of 475 being fired up for the days activities; night photo shoot Friday evening; Saturday morning Strasburg shop tour and Saturday afternoon 475 mixed train run.
1. Reminiscent of a N&W mixed train on the Abingdon Branch, former N&W 4-8-0 475 crosses a farm lane overpass at Groffs PA, on the Strasburg Railroad. N&W 475. Groffs PA.
2. Strasburg Trainmaster Ryan Merrill observing 2-10-0 No. 90 overtaking our mixed train at Groffs Siding (Cherry Hill). Strasburg conductor. Cherry Hill.
3. No. 90 passes our train heading toward Strasburg station. “FP” indicates the fouling point of the siding. Strasburg 90. Cherry Hill.
4. In the beautiful eastern Pennsylvania Lancaster County Amish farm country. Imagine this is the “Virginia Creeper.” N&W 475 near Strasburg.
5. N&W 475 near Strasburg. View 2.
6. N&W 475 near Strasburg. View 3.
7. The second run-by. N&W 475 near Strasburg.
8. The second run-by. View 2. N&W 475 near Strasburg.
9. Amish farmer near Strasburg.
10. Uncoupling from the vintage freight cars at Strasburg. N&W 475.
11. N&W 475. Front up close. Strasburg.
12.Ex-N&W 475, and ex-Great Western 2-10-0 no. 90. Strasburg.
All for tonight.