We make occasional trips to Lexington for doctor visits. On the 09-26-2019 trip we had time to stop by CSX’s Patio Yard in Winchester KY. Before I got out of the car a w/b RJC loaded aluminum slab train blew through! I knew it would go through Lexington, so I headed for a spot where I knew there might be a shot. Avon was out of the question because I didn’t know how fast he was running. These shots were made as it crossed KY 4 aka New Circle Road. My family was urging me to leave as it was getting near appointment time. Luckily... Whew!!!
1. RJC 7116-5372-5409. Lexington KY.
2. RJC 5409 SD40T-2 is ex-D&RGW. Lexington KY.
3. R J Corman Railroad Central Kentucky Lines bulkhead flat 142116. This train had 39 loaded flats en-route from the manufacturer in Berea (on CSX) to Russellville KY. From Winchester to Louisville RJCC is the former L&N. C&O used this line from Lexington to Louisville. CSX is used from Louisville to Bowling Green where RJC switches to their Memphis Line (former L&N). RJCC flat 142116. Lexington KY.
4. RJCC flats 142243 and 62022. Lexington KY.
5. RJCC flat 35118. Lexington KY.
6. RJCC flat 142246. Lexington KY.
7. RJCC flat 62014. Lexington KY.
8. While detouring around the west side of Lexington on 11-21-2019, I spotted this westbound just west of Lexington yard. GMTX 2214-RJC 3850. Lexington KY.
9. GMTX 2214-RJC 3850. Lexington KY.
10. I figured this train would let the train/engine in the background come east into the yard. GMTX 2214-RJC 3850. Lexington KY.
11. Someone got off this train, and that other Geep disappeared! This train backed east of the crossing and stopped, so I took more pictures. GMTX 2214-RJC 3850. Lexington KY.
12. Obviously a leased GATX Rail GP38 or 38-2, I couldn’t find it listed on “The Diesel Shop” website. GMTX 2214-RJC 3850. Lexington KY.
13. GMTX 2214-RJC 3850. Lexington KY.
All for now.