Indiana Railroad Hiawatha Yard - 09-19-2014 - Part 2
Rail Fan Adventure --
Another highlight of the combined L&NHS/C&EIHS convention in Terre Haute was the tour of Indiana Railroads new shop at Jasonville, Ind. Following the tour of Peabody’s Bear Run coal mine, we car-pooled over to Hiawatha Yard for the 3:00 PM event. Part 2.
16. INRD GP38-2 3807 is ex-HLCX, exx-NS, nee-Conrail. Jasonville.
17. INRD GP38-2 3807. View 2. Jasonville.
18. The south end of theINRD shop. Jasonville.
19. CIT SD9043MAC 104 is among several leased to INRD. The 9000s are also leased, but painted INRD. CEFX 104. Jasonville.
20. INRD loco wheels. Jasonville.
21.CEFX 121 was undergoing horn testing while we were there. Jasonville.
22. Commemorative unit 9095 was parked for us at the yard office. Jasonville.
23. INRD 9025. View 2. Jasonville.
24. INRD 9025. View 3. Jasonville.
25. INRD SD9043MACs 9003-9011 were parked just north of the yard office. The car shop in to the far left. Jasonville.
26. INRD 9003. Jasonville.
27. INRD 9003-9011. Jasonville.
28. MRMX (Midwest Railcar) hopper 140084 was built by Trinity. It appears to be a former DJJX, DJLX (David Joseph Co.). Jasonville.
29. This appears to be a crossing signal. It is located at the south end of the yard on the east side. This is no longer a through road. Milwaukee Road or Peabody Coal had something in this area, and this is the lone remnant. Jasonville.